In Training With New Tribes Mission

Just nine days ago, I had the first opportunity of enjoying the presence of my first nephew. Far from my original plans was it to drive half an hour into the next city.

Calling it a night at High Point Regional Health, I drove home pulling into the driveway around 12 AM. I had hoped to be packed and ready for my 600+ mile trip to NTBI by 9 PM, so I could go to bed and wake up around 4 AM. However, I was not ready until 2 AM, and so decided to go ahead and hit the road.

Now, let me tell you my reason for writing this blog: Student Training Program. I was able to arrive unharmed at 5:15 that evening, just in time for a long awaited BBQ dinner in the courtyard of NTBI. This was the introduction to a week of an intensive look into man's position in Christ, and how that relates to different principles of spiritual growth and leadership. Each morning for the past seven days has been packed with lectures, discussions, and studies, which have exhausted our minds and stretched our understanding. Some areas we covered this past week were principles of man's need, God's provision, and how God's Word stands at the center of it all. During the evenings, we spent all of our time growing in our relationships with one another. And so far we've made it to tonight, which sort of marks the last night of STP as far information is concerned, although tomorrow through Wednesday will still carry various responsibilities.

As of now, I can say that God has taught me even more deeply this past week in the area of my inadequacy. Fortunately, He didn't only deepen this reality in my mind, but also the truth that He is the complete provision for all that I am not. I was reminded through lectures that it is only He who can perform righteousness, which requires me to step out of His way to see this accomplished through my life. I was also encouraged to remember that I will fail because my conduct arises from my character, and my character according to God's Word is that of failure. Much more was expounded upon, but I'm limited in my ability to express it all. I'm thankful, though, to have this awesome opportunity to put into practice all that I'm learning and will be learning this year.

I hope you'll pray for me as God continues to mold me into the person He desires to use in current and future ministry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A World Unknown

A Summary Of the Newest

DIY: Coil Coffee Chiller